Monday 8 March 2010

Wedding Invitations // Save The Dates

Client based brief for the future Mr. and Mrs. Rukin.

To design and organise printing of save the dates and invitations to the wedding ceremony. I don't plan on spending ages on this brief or spending ages lulling over typefaces. My friend has given me full creative control really but it all comes down to whether they are happy with the designs. Its really a chance for me to explore type and layout more and build upon my relationships with other professionals, in this case printers
----------------------------------------------------------------------







The client requested that the invites reflect the summer date. I started by producing this minimal design below.






I decided to produce different mockups to present to the clients. I'd recently discovered Gotham Rounded and i jumped into using that.


      
The save the date doesn't quiet line up. Gotham Rounded just doesn't sit as well as its regular cousin.









Feedback from my peers was that perhaps the use of Gotham Rounded was a bit too much and hard to look at. So i retreated and went for the standard Gotham typeface. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I 've missed a few steps out here, but i spent the day with the clients exploring different wording etc. The client opted for the picket fence idea and were happy with the layout i'd decided on, which was lucky, and made work a whole lot easier for me. They requested the inclusion of a picket fence of some kind, which i started to place within and experiment with different illustrations.


















----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now i need to find a suitably priced Screen-Printers
My friends instead opted to go for digital prints due to an urge to get the save the dates out as soon as possible. Some the prints came out with extra dots (pictured below), which was a shame but luckily i had some spares anyway.


I printed them at college on somerset paper. The client was thrilled and i may have more work to do later on, such as invitations depending on what style they opt for. I was pleased with the way the invites came out, the client was happy. I have however noticed a few mistakes after printing. I must remember to check and recheck my work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment